As a not so recent and yet still unemployed college graduate, I'm feeling a newfound urgency for adventures in what are hopefully my dwindling pre-career days. The things I come up with and anything else I feel like putting out there (including photos) will be the subject of this blog.
The only thing stranger than writing this was picking a title and a web address. I love photography but have never had the discipline, talent or desire to be one professionally. Instead I just spend money I don't have on cameras, photo development and filters and pretend like I know what I'm doing. So far I still love it and I still want to be better at it and those two things are all I need. I had wanted to incorporate a quote from the Joshua Swiller memoir I enjoyed so much about his time in the Peace Corps in Zambia. It didn't make the cut for title or web address but I will include it here:
I tell him: But this world is burning
itself in the flames of its own selfishness
and men kill other men and back in Africa
they are rounding up the children and
taking them to the woods.
I know, he says, I know.
But feel the rain on your face.
itself in the flames of its own selfishness
and men kill other men and back in Africa
they are rounding up the children and
taking them to the woods.
I know, he says, I know.
But feel the rain on your face.
No comments:
Post a Comment